Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Started work...

On a thing I'm not supposed to be working on. Well, according to me. And I've got about as much authority on my own workings as a ice cube has on the sun. Anyway, I've started a scary story for children about a tattoo that's taken root under some kid's skin and slowly spreading. Hopefully it's the sort of scary Crow Toes Quarterly is looking for. But then, I'm never sure on what scary is. I don't like scary movies.

It's not something I expect to ever be paid for, but I figure if I can get it into print I won't feel like such a douche saying "yeah, I write." It just makes me think of that spaced episode where Daisy is in the Cukoo's Nest job and finds out "they're all writers, Daisy. Even Billy." and Billy stutters out "I had a p-p-p-poem in n-n-n-n-n-ninty eight."

No comments:

Post a Comment